Avid Dynasty

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BETA Testing

4 posters

Reset/launch of eco.

I Kick Cats
    I Kick Cats
    BETA Testers
    BETA Testers

Reset/launch of eco. Empty Reset/launch of eco.

Post by I Kick Cats Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:32 pm

I know this is a bit of stupidity for even asking but can we at least keep the things that we've worked hard for? Things like dunge, prayer, chaotics, and other hard skills? I just feel like I won't want to play if I lose the things I've worked for? I highly expect this to be seen by many yet not be replied too. Please take note of what everyone else thinks.

By that I mean, if people agree with me that we should keep the things we've worked for please consider it. I heard people saying they may consider keeping our combat stats because we "worked hard" for them...We worked hard for all of our stats so why shouldn't we keep them? Just a thought I don't want any hate or anything for it.

Thanks in advance for those who do read and reply to this.
    Onex
    Onex
    Owner
    Owner

Reset/launch of eco. Empty Re: Reset/launch of eco.

Post by Onex Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:19 pm

I do agree that it would inevitably in-rage some players, but you have to remember that the xp rate is much higher than the real RS.. with that being said we have also given out a lot of items that are considered rare, you did mention that discarding those items would take care of economy, but that is tedious and may cause account related issues. While we are still working out a solution fully here is what we have come up with so far:

BEFORE RESPONDING CONSIDER THIS :  

The point of beta testing is to work out all of the bugs before the official launch. There is no economy and little to no player base. While we want the experience of beta testers to be good, we do need them to realize that beta is exactly what it seems... "beta" which means it is not official.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING AVID DYNASTY?

CAN YOU REGAIN THOSE LEVELS?

WERE YOU GIVEN ITEMS?

WOULD IT BE FAIR FOR YOUR LEVELS TO STAY?

Pausable Reset upon Launch of official Avid Dynasty

- reset of all stats (excludes: donators)
    - reset for all items (excludes: donators)
    - deletion of character files (excludes: donators)

reason: To allow fairness to all players we must delete character files/items for the economy as well as the highscores list.

How to keep you items / stats: DONATE $5

What will you receive: Donator rank (normally $10, access to donator island and donator abilities, keeps stats, keeps items) THIS OFFER IS FOR BETA TESTERS ONLY (AKA ANYONE WHO PLAYS BETA)

Please keep in mind that this is the most fair way for everyone because those who have already donated will not receive any benefits unless there is an official reset.

hope this clears up some confusion, I was about to post this later once it's official, but you beat me to it so I guess it's up in the air now..

Best,

Onex
    Slimez
    BETA Testers
    BETA Testers

Post by Slimez Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:37 pm

I think that a reset of items which aren't earned is fair, but i think skills (If xp rate isn't changed), loyalty point items, etc should stay.

I understand that this is still Beta, but some things were legitimately earned, and it would be unfair to reset them.
    Onex
    Onex
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Onex Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:51 am

Slimez wrote:I think that a reset of items which aren't earned is fair, but i think skills (If xp rate isn't changed), loyalty point items, etc should stay.

I understand that this is still Beta, but some things were legitimately earned, and it would be unfair to reset them.

you're right that the levels were legitamitely earned, but it is much easier to earn them when given donator rank and items. There was never any intention on keeping the beta testing character files. I didn't think there would be this much confusion as to what BETA testing is...

I will take the loyalty points into consideration though.
    Slimez
    BETA Testers
    BETA Testers

Post by Slimez Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:45 am

Yea, I understand that its Beta, and I accept that you want this to be for testing the server so it is the best it possibly can be for launch, but it still sort of sucks that we lose all our stuff. Considering you're the owner and we're mere players it's your decision of course, just my opinion.
    Hydra
    Hydra

Post by Hydra Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:14 am

Does the reset only exclude Donators, or does it exclude staff aswell?
    Onex
    Onex
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Onex Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:32 am

Hydra wrote:Does the reset only exclude Donators, or does it exclude staff aswell?

It wouldn't be very fair if it didn't include everyone.

HONESTLY, $5 is not asking a lot ,  I wouldn't even be asking for anything if we didn't already have donators, but for fairness we must ask for something... With that being said I would also like to take the time out right now to mention that we have put in a lot of money to get this running. If you wish to look up exactly how much it costs for VPS as well as a domain name/ipboard forums be my guest. But please also realize that we have been putting in countless hours every day for you the players as well..

so with that being said I just want you to think about it and then tell me you worked hard for your stats. We worked hard for our money, therefore the only fair way to keep stats would be to donate and support like the owners and others. I don't want to be an asshole, but I will be if I have to.

BEST,

Onex

P.S. This will be my last post on this. Do NOT comment further.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:24 am